Remote debug a test run

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
Knulli

Remote debug a test run

Post by Knulli » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:08 pm

First: We like to test our own developed Win32 Applications (Written in Embarcadero Delphi).

Is there a way to debug a test remotely?
I do not like to install Ranorex Studio each time i have a need to debug a test (find an error in my test procedure, no ned to debug the Delphi-App, this will be done in Delphi-IDE) on the PC, where the test should run.

So, i want to install Ranorex Studio only once (on a development machine) and run my test on the customer PC (before delivery) in the production hall. If something wents wrong and i need to debug the test i need a remote debugger. Otherwise (no need to debug) it should only run a small "runtime" or test app for testing our Delphi App.

Is it possible?

Second: Is there an german spaeking support, when i need help with Ranorex Studio?

Knulli

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Remote debug a test run

Post by odklizec » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:09 am

Hi Knulli,

I'm afraid, installing Ranorex Studio on remote desktop is the only way how to debug AUT on remote machine. I'm not aware of any remote-debugging possibility.

As for second question, I'm not quite sure about this, but since the Austrian Ranorex team was dismissed last year, I believe that the Ranorex support is now only in English.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration