Repo: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Bug reports.
Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Repo: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Post by Support Team » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:20 pm

Hello csr,

Thank you for the additional information. Unfortunately, I cannot duplicate this in my own solutions. I understand not being able to share your production solution, but is it possible to provide a small sample solution which duplicates this issue? We are also willing to sign an NDA and work with you privately so we can investigate this issue in your production solution.

Alternatively, you may be able to point out something I am missing in my local solution to successfully duplicate this issue. Here are the steps I performed.
  1. Created a new Ranorex solution and project ("Project1")
  2. Created a repository item in the repository located in Project1
  3. Added a Ranorex code module to Project1 and added a reference to the repository item in Project1
  4. Added a second project ("Project2") to the solution
  5. Added Project1 as a reference in Project2
  6. Added a C# class to Project2 and added a reference to the same repository item in Project1
  7. Renamed repository item in Project1
  8. Observed referenced repository item was automatically renamed in both the Porject1 Code Module and Project2 C# Class
  9. Built Solution
  10. Success!
The picture below may help illustrate my configuration. (Fullscreen)
image.jpg
Additionally, here is my sample solution so you may inspect it in your environment.
RepoForumTest.zip
Furthermore, there is an existing option to turn off live code synchronization but does not affect repository edits. (Ranorex Studio > Tools > Options... > General > Ranorex code generation)
codesync.jpg
I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Ned
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.