Repository Variables

Ask general questions here.
martinsw

Repository Variables

Post by martinsw » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi,

It seems that when I go to change the default value of a variable within a recording module its status changes from "in use from repository" to "not in use". Can you explain why this would be given that I am making no other changes to the variable other than changing its default value?

The above only seems to apply for variables that are in use from the repository.

Thanks,

Martin

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Repository Variables

Post by Support Team » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi,
martinsw wrote:...when I go to change the default value of a variable within a recording module its status changes from "in use from repository" to "not in use"...
That's because of the fact, that by changing the default value of a repository variable, the variable will become a recording variable, which means you have on variable in your recording and a different variable in repository.

Regards,
Tobias
Ranorex Support Team

martinsw

Post by martinsw » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:05 am

Hi,

Are you saying then that it's not possible to assign a default value to an item in the repository?

Martin

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi
martinsw wrote: Are you saying then that it's not possible to assign a default value to an item in the repository?
Of course you can set default values for variables in repository.
Therefore open the repository variables dialog, not the recording variables dialog.

Regards,
Tobias
Ranorex Support Team
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.