Reusable Mappings are very slowly

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
Geci

Reusable Mappings are very slowly

Post by Geci » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:06 pm

Hello,

in our GUI we have a UserControl "BasicInformationUserControl". This control is used in several other controls, for example in the Form A and B.

Until now I have mapped BasicInformationUserControl twice, once in the mapping for A and once in mapping for B. But this is not very nice.
That's why i removed the mapping for BasicInformationUserControl in A and B and added "App folder" and mapped BasicInformationUserControl

Code: Select all

/*/container[@controltype='UI.BasicInformationUserControl']/container[@controlname='_basicInformationGroupBox']
But unfortunately this does not work. When I click on the Highlight Button in Ranorex, the control is marked after about one minute :( . Therefore, the tests no longer pass through.

How can I fix it?

Kind regards
Geci

Geci

Re: Reusable Mappings are very slowly

Post by Geci » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:32 pm

Update:
When i use an App Folder with Path "/container" and add a Root Folder with Path "container[@controltype='UI.BasicInformationUserControl']/container[@controlname='_basicInformationGroupBox']" all works fine.
The difference is that the App Folder path starts always with "/" and the Root Folder not. Now i use the BasePath of the Root Folder and all test are now ok :)