Screen Draw

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
Christian Dabnor

Screen Draw

Post by Christian Dabnor » Wed May 17, 2017 4:55 pm

I'm using Ranorex v 5.0.3.18203. I am suffering an issue on my screen tests wherein if I run our software through Ranorex, occasionally, screens aren't being drawn - the items are there, but not visible (for example, moving the mouse may change the cursor from a pointer to a text input cursor). By following the same steps through the software itself, it's fine. It doesn't always occur (although it's more often than not) and when it does, it's not always on the same screen. Unfortunately this means that the test cases won't all run through.

ANy suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Screen Draw

Post by odklizec » Wed May 17, 2017 5:27 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately, without seeing your app and test itself, there is not much anyone here can do or suggest, except for some general suggestions. And I'm afraid, Ranorex 5.0.3 is way too old and no longer supported. I would suggest to try your test with most recent 7.0.1. If the problem occurs also in this version, it's defenitely something to discuss with Ranorex folks (via remote session).
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Christian Dabnor

Post by Christian Dabnor » Thu May 18, 2017 9:37 am

Thank you for your response, Pavel. I had expected those answers, but sadly, I can't reveal our new software, nor do I have access to a newer version of ranorex. I'll figure something out.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Thu May 18, 2017 9:50 am

You can always try the 7.0.1 in trial mode. And if it proves to be a solution of your problems, you have your answer ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration