Set testrail testrun testcase status in code

Ask general questions here.
c4_mmartin

Set testrail testrun testcase status in code

Post by c4_mmartin » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:23 pm

I have been trying to find an answer to this for a while and the only response back i get (from ranroex engineers and anyone else that i can find that has heard of ranorex) is to watch https://www.ranorex.com/automated-testi ... h-ranorex/ and/or watch https://www.ranorex.com/automated-testi ... tegration/
I have tried searching with google and ddg and the search function on these forums. Either i am missing something simple or no one else has ever wanted/needed to be able to set a testrail testcase status.

That being said, i have watched both multiple times and nothing has answered my question.

My question:
In the ranorex ide, when i am writing a code module for a test, how do i set the testrail status in the testrun for this case?

Lets say for whatever reason i have a custom status of Running and i want to set the testcase status to running, when done the testcase should then be set to passed or failed or skipped or whatever the result is to be.

Or a parent testcase fails/has some issue, and i want to set all sibling cases to skipped or blocked.
In a code module, how is this done?

I have tried looking for any api doc or any documentation really and the link in the webinars does not exist. So far i have found no real leads on this. I have tried looking at different things in Ranorex.Core.Testing.* to no avail.

Can anyone help or give me some kind of useful answer? I really would love to hear something OTHER than watch some webinar that doesn't contain the answer. If it does contain the answer then i need to know the timestamp or something.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Set testrail testrun testcase status in code

Post by Support Team » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:39 pm

Hi!

Please contact us via the links below and we will be more than happy to further assist you with this! Kind Regards,
Ranorex Team