Setting up BDD and Ranorex

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
Taka

Setting up BDD and Ranorex

Post by Taka » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:25 pm

Hi,

I've downloaded a trial of Ranorex to evaluate particular criteria when comparing our automation solution options, part of this is to test the BDD capabilities of each product, for example can they use feature files as part of testing.

Attempting to follow the guide from Ranorex (https://www.ranorex.com/blog/how-to-use ... d-process/) I get to the point of removing the references ICSharpCode.Core, ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop and ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom from TechTalk.SpecFlow.RanorexIntegration and then add the references for the same libraries as found in my local <Ranorex installation folder>bin folder.

Now the issue here is that when I attempt to build the project (both without and with cleaning the solution before attempting a build), I get a whole host of errors stating that I'm missing the above references.

Is this a known issue or have I done something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
T

Taka

Re: Setting up BDD and Ranorex

Post by Taka » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:22 am

In case anyone else has an issue with this, it was a .NET framework targeting issue, I needed to change to .NET 4.6.2.

To do this, in Visual Studio. right click the TechTalk.SpecFlow.RanorexIntegration, then select properties, a new window will open in VS.

You will then see the target framework drop-down where you can select the .NET Framework 4.6.2 version.

Once I had changed the framework I did a clean and then a build of the RanorexIntegration project and it built fine for me.