SharePoint Automation Experiences?

Experiences, small talk, and other automation gossip.
Ciege

SharePoint Automation Experiences?

Post by Ciege » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:23 pm

We are possibly going to be developing some apps based on MS SharePoint. Just wanted to get a cursory understanding from anyone who has happened to automate against SharePoint about what gotchas or issues you may have encountered.
I've looked at a few public SharePoint installations on the web and most everything looks pretty good with Ranorex going through the DOM using IE.
Has anyone here done any SharePoint automation with Ranorex? If so would you care to provide any insights as to how it is going for you?

Thanks all...
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

Armands

Re: SharePoint Automation Experiences?

Post by Armands » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:13 pm

Has anyone here done any SharePoint automation with Ranorex?

BR.

Armands

Todor

Re: SharePoint Automation Experiences?

Post by Todor » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:53 pm

I automate a test for product that is based on MS Sharepoint 2010. The only problem that has encountered was that in a specific point in the test, the test hangs up while loading a variable. Apart from that, I haven't had any problems with automating on sharepoint. I use IE9 and the latest version of Ranorex and from my point of view it works perfectly.