Show repository when editing code module?

Ask general questions here.
Florian

Show repository when editing code module?

Post by Florian » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:01 am

Hello,

I have a question very simple.
When I am working on a module, the screen is splitted : action on the top, repository underneath.
But when I am in a code module, I can't see the repository. I have to change the tab.

Is it possible to show repository in a code module?
Many thanks :)

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Show repository when editing code module?

Post by Support Team » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:51 am

Hi Florian,

Unfortunately this is currently only possible when you dock the repository tab to the bottom of Ranorex Studio.
In order to dock the tab just open the Repository and drag and drop the tab as shown in the screenshot below.
DockRepositoryTab.png
Additionally:
A feature whereby the repository is shown automatically when editing code modules is already planned to be released in one of our next versions, unfortunately I cannot give you an exact time frame.

Regards,
Markus (S)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Florian

Post by Florian » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:20 am

Thanks for you answer Markus.

The new problem is: when I edit a recording module, I have both repository. Is it possible to hide the repository of the recording module in an another way than dragging down the bar as shown below?
Sans titre.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:25 am

Hi Florian,

This is unfortunately the side effect of docking the repository tab to the bottom. I’m also afraid that you need to minimize one of the opened repositories when editing a recording module, but as already mentioned, there will be a feature about this in one of our next versions.

Regards,
Markus (S)