Siemens NX UI Testing

Experiences, small talk, and other automation gossip.
iammani.developer

Siemens NX UI Testing

Post by iammani.developer » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:17 am

Hi Team,

Is it possible to identify the UI (Block UI Styler) elements in the Siemens NX CAD application.

I'm trying to track the UI items using spy which always provides the type of Unknown or Client Role. So I couldn't able to track particular item from the dialog and also not able access it's properties (for e.g. the accessible name is also very generic 'UICOMP_enum' or 'UICOMP_text').

Let me know the logic / methods to track the Block UI Styler elements in NX CAD application.
How to write the accessibility modules for the NX CAD application?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Siemens NX UI Testing

Post by odklizec » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:13 am

Hi,

Please post a Ranorex snapshot of the element/UI in question? Without, at very least, Ranorex snapshot, it's impossible to tell if there is a way to achieve what you want. If the element(s) you want to obtain is in the drawing/canvas area of the application, you may be out of luck, unless someone implements proper accessibility into it.

In my previous job, we managed (partially) to solve something similar with Dassault Catia v5 view. Unfortunately, I don't know details, but it was based of these Ranorex blog discussed here:
https://www.ranorex.com/forum/ranorex-f ... tml#p37037
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration