some advice needed to facilitate mobile test automation

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
rozsas

some advice needed to facilitate mobile test automation

Post by rozsas » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:28 am

Hello Ranorex Team,

I would like to ask you to share your experiences with me and would like to get your advice about the following topic:

Our company starts developing a mobile application for Android and iOS soon and we would like to use Ranorex for test automation. The project manager asked me to collect some tips which would be nice to follow during the development in order to make the automation with Ranorex easier.
Until now, during my not too wide Ranorex mobile testing experience, I can mention only the usage of resource id's in case of Android because it helped me to write uniquely identifying XPaths easily.

Do you have any advice to follow (like usage of unique ids) or situation to avoid during mobile app development in order to facilitate the test automation process with Ranorex?

Thanks in advance,
Agnes

afleitas
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: some advice needed to facilitate mobile test automation

Post by afleitas » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:44 pm

Hi Rozsas,

If I were you, I would look into the webinar that Ranorex host on a weekly/bi-weekly basis. There are two of them in particular:

The "Automated Mobile App Testing Webinar" & "Best Practice using Ranorex Studio Webinar" would give you some insight in reference to tips and tricks to make the automation of your AUT more feasible. In the webinars, you can questions which will be answered by the presenter. It helped me in developing my application.
Normal people... believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
-Scott Adams :)