Strange Object Not Found Exception

Ask general questions here.
Ciege

Post by Ciege » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:37 pm

I have tried moving on to automating some other parts of my AUT while this is worked out. These other parts are also printing reports but do not rely on the print dialog we have been working with.

Unfortunately I am getting similar issues with these other forms... Ranorex Spy sees and identifies the controls correctly (Flavor, Role, Value, etc... all correct) but while running the automation code from VS I am getting a bunch of unknown objects with flavors of Win32.

Again, unfortunately, this is putting me at a standstill for the work that I need to be completing soon.

Please let me know ASAP when you get some fixes for me to try!

Thanks!

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:06 pm

Hi guys,

Per the emails I have set I wanted to know if you got the files I made available through our FTP server and if you have made any headway on this. I had hoped to hear something from you all this morning when I got in to work. Alas, no email.

Please let me know where we stand on this so that I can make my report.

Thanks...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:11 pm

It took me some time to reproduce that error - and even more think of a solution. If you try to get an element of a Windows Forms Form right when the form is closing (e.g. if you’re doing something that takes quite long in the Form.Closed event handler), the communication to that form may be cut off and stay broken from then on.

I have since tried to implement a communication strategy that could recover from that error and does not cause a memory leak, though. I've sent you a bug fixed version via email. Please, confirm that you can't reproduce that bug any more with that version!

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:26 pm

Please, confirm that you can't reproduce that bug any more with that version!

Well, I do believe you squashed that bug! I was unable to reproduce the issue after running my tests for about 1 & ½ hours. Thank you very much!

You guys rock!