Test suites not showing in run sequence?

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
dmconsulting1

Test suites not showing in run sequence?

Post by dmconsulting1 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:46 pm

I had to branch my test suite, so I created 2 new ones, but they don't show up in the run sequence. The folder has a + in the lower left corner, see screen shots I added.

How do I get these to show in the Test Sequence?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vega

Re: Test suites not showing in run sequence?

Post by Vega » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:55 pm

How did you create these new suites? I just opened a new project and clicked the new test suite button (green folder with a plus on it right under 'Build') on the tool bar and the new suite shows up in the test sequence:
button.png
The + icon you are seeing on your new files are coming from source control. It just means you have a new file added which has not been committed:
source.png
hope this helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dmconsulting1

Post by dmconsulting1 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:40 pm

Right Click > Add > New item... on the project.

Vega

Post by Vega » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:27 pm

Without seeing your project it's hard to say, but I added 10 suites to a project and they all showed up in the sequence. Try checking P38.rxsqc using a text editor and see if everything looks OK (all suites present). I would guess the sequence file is probably missing the entries for the new suites. The rxsqc file can be found in your project directory.

Hope this helps

dmconsulting1

Post by dmconsulting1 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:16 pm

The tests aren't in that file.

Do I need to add them by hand? Is there something other than building the project that I should be doing so that it is aware?

They show up in the list of tests I can push to the remote agent because that is how I usually run tests, or from the command line. So the fact that they don't show in my run sequence isn't a huge issue, it was just weird. I actually only noticed while I was holding training. :D

Vega

Post by Vega » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:36 am

No you shouldn't need to add them by hand at all, this is just where they are "written" to. I watched my rxsqc file and it was updated with the new suites as I added them without building, so not sure and would probably have to take a look at the project to figure out the behavior you are experiencing. I know you said it isn't a big deal, but if it did concern you I would probably just open a ticket with support.

hope this helps

dmconsulting1

Post by dmconsulting1 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:23 pm

Thanks for the help. It just seems odd, but like I said, it isn't a feature I use. Support is busy with my Azure issue right now anyway. :lol:

dmconsulting1

Post by dmconsulting1 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:15 pm

So its an easy fix. Delete the P38.rxsqc file, now all my suites show in the drop down. If I change the sequence, Ranorex generates a new file. If the file has issues again, I know what to do now.

I did try to add them and they still didn't display, but I figured I should try. :D