Testautomation on a dedicated Testserver (Node locked lic)

Ask general questions here.
Toni Gansel

Testautomation on a dedicated Testserver (Node locked lic)

Post by Toni Gansel » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:53 am

Hello,

we just started to use ranorex in our project.

I created a testpoject, made some some recording modules which just work fine.
Those tests are testing an Java Webapplication wich is running in the browser.

What I want to do now is to take those tests, put them on our "Testrunner-Machine" (an dedicated Server) and let them run there.

This is where I fail.
After the test ist exported into an .exe file it works fine on my machine, but it doesn´t run on the other machine*.

I already copied the whole /bin folder from my machine to the Automation Server, I set the Path variable.

What am I missing? Is there a better way to let the tests be executed on a dedicated machine?

Best regards
Toni

* Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or ass
embly 'Ranorex.Core, Version=5.4.0.24580, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=<secretNumber> or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specifie
d.
at Temp7BBD57.RecordingRunner.Main(String[] args)

(We have a node locked license)

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Testautomation on a dedicated Testserver (Node locked lic)

Post by Support Team » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:04 pm

Hello Toni,

If you execute tests on a runtime machine, make sure that the same (or higher) version of Ranorex is installed, which was used to build the executable test.

For test execution it is sufficient to install only the main components without Ranorex Studio.
custom_setup.png
Kindly note that a valid license for the runtime machine is required for test execution.

Another way to build and execute tests on dedicated machines would be to integrate Ranorex into any Continuous Integration Process.

If you need more information, please do let me know.

Sincerely,
Johannes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.