Unable to load TableTag type of table if have more than 31 rows.

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
ziasim

Unable to load TableTag type of table if have more than 31 rows.

Post by ziasim » Wed May 26, 2021 4:05 pm

Hi,

I am using Ranorex v9.4.1. The problem I am facing is, trying to search a record in HTML table. If the table has less than or equal to 31 rows then the code is able to find the required value in it. But, if table has more than 31 rows (including header row), code stop searching after 31 rows.

When I inspect this table using spy, it also loads/display 31 rows (why not rest of included) :!: . Not sure what is wrong with this table identification :( . I created a snapshot of this table and also attaching UI screen of this table showing 38 records which means 38 rows for records and 1 row for header which makes total 39 rows. I guess this is not something related to lazy-loading of data because in a web page, at once it is showing almost 16/17 rows but Ranorex able to go till row 31 which is not visible on the screen. Even I tried with scrolling down to make rows visible and then do search of required data but it always stop after 31st row.

Any thoughts...?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Unable to load TableTag type of table if have more than 31 rows.

Post by odklizec » Thu May 27, 2021 7:24 am

Hi,

Apparently, the table in snapshot has 31 rows. If I understand you right, you loaded a table with higher row count (not all rows are visible in UI and must be scrolled up/down), but Spy always shows only 31 rows? In this case, you are definitely facing lazy-loading issue.

The only way, how to extract and validate all rows, is to programmatically scroll the table and store individual rows in a custom "table" or "list" object. Then work with that virtual list, instead of actual UI table. Check for example these posts:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12247&p=49169#p49169
select-an-item-from-scroll-able-web-tab ... tml#p54578
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

ziasim

Re: Unable to load TableTag type of table if have more than 31 rows.

Post by ziasim » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:24 pm

Hi odklizec,

Thanks for your feedback. I managed to find the rows which were not identified by Ranorex initially because of lazy loading. But, it took some time to resolve it as to navigate to below of the table, PageDown or Next or Down arrow keys were not working so I used mouse clicks based on screen co-ordinates to navigate to the bottom of the page as the new record always added at the end of the table.

Thanks for your help.