Unexpected error writing metadata to file (CS0013)

Ask general questions here.
Gav

Unexpected error writing metadata to file (CS0013)

Post by Gav » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:18 pm

When attempting to run a test I'm getting the following error message:

Unexpected error writing metadata to file '[path to .exe]' -- 'No logical space left to create more user strings.' (CS0013)

I know that there are a couple of solutions alluded to in this post: http://www.ranorex.com/forum/error-cs00 ... t2668.html but I'm using recordings rather than code modules, have plenty of disc space and there are no .dll name conflicts.

Is this purely down to the number of images validated against in the overall project (about 30)?

If so, is the only solution to create a new project for further tests? Does this mean having to create a new repository? I've tried creating a new project within my existing solution and linked the repo, but get the same error message.

Having just bought a premium license, I'm now a little concerned that there are some restrictions that will be problematic to work around.

Thanks,

Gav

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unexpected error writing metadata to file (CS0013)

Post by Support Team » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:34 am

Hi,
Is this purely down to the number of images validated against in the overall project (about 30)?
Just to make sure that it is the problem with the exceeded number of string literals, can you try to split up your modules/recordings or your solution?

As mentioned in the other forum post, it is not a Ranorex limitation, there is just a limit on the number of strings in an assembly.
If so, is the only solution to create a new project for further tests? Does this mean having to create a new repository? I've tried creating a new project within my existing solution and linked the repo, but get the same error message.
If you have to split up your project you have to create a new separate Solution, but you can hard copy the old repository and add it via "Add Existing Item" to the new one.

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team

Gav

Re: Unexpected error writing metadata to file (CS0013)

Post by Gav » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the response. It's not as much hassle as I thought to split the solution into more than one part, and sharing the repo is a doddle.

Cheers,

Gav