V2.0.2 Release Date

Ask general questions here.
Ciege

V2.0.2 Release Date

Post by Ciege » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:05 pm

Is there any update on the v2.0.2 release date? Last I heard was by 4/3/09.

I need to get the release fix for the DOM internal security exception and I need to get an update to my boss as to when my automation development can continue.

Thanks!

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:35 am

There were some more bug fixes that had to be included in the 2.0.2 version, that's why we could not release it on last friday. However, the V2.0.2 release is out now :-)

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:05 pm

Awesome! Thanks guys... I'll get it downloaded and installed post haste.

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:34 pm

Is there some way that we (existing licensed users) can download the newest version of released code (whatever version that may be) without having to fill out the free trial page and get the new download link every time?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:50 am

Yes, we will send out a version update email to all our users also containing a direct link.

PS. Thank you very much for posting our latest release on the sqaforums board. We really appreciate your efforts.

Kind regards,
Gabor
Ranorex Support Team

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:02 pm

No problem about SQAForums. I visit there frequently.

As to the email you mentioned. I have yet to receive one of those emails. Have you not yet started them or am I not on the list?

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:50 pm

After installing v2.0.2 (I didn't uninstall v2.0) none of my projects in VS compiled without errors. I had to remove the references I have to Ranorex.Core (and other Ranorex references) then re-add them.

Is this typical? Will I have to remove/re-add references and recompile each and every automation project each time I install a new version of Ranorex? This could be quite time consuming and cumbersome as I split out my automation projects separately to do different types of testing.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:35 am

This should only be the case if you set the "Specific Version" property in the Ranorex references of your project to "true", since then the IDE checks that the right version of the DLL is installed on your computer (the default for this setting is "false"). You can't recompile then, but your already compiled executables should still run and use the newest Ranorex versions.

Usually, you do not even need to recompile your projects, you just install the new Ranorex version and all of your executables will use the new Ranorex DLLs.

Regarding the "new version" emails: We prefer to spread out new versions slowly, just in case there's a major flaw in the new version (well, you can't test every bug out of a product, can you?) that is reported by some early updater like you :-) That's why those emails will typically be sent a week after the new version is out.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:07 pm

well, you can't test every bug out of a product, can you?
What!?! There exists the possibility of bugs in software!?! Say it isn't so!!! :-)