Fail to find items on Windows10 Agent machine

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
shruti Kapur

Fail to find items on Windows10 Agent machine

Post by shruti Kapur » Fri May 28, 2021 12:11 pm

Hello ,

I am currently working with Ranorex version -9.3.4 and facing this issue.
I have recently moved my agent to a New Windows 10 agent , earlier I was using Windows 7 VM as agent.
After doing this the test which were green have turned red :-(
The windows 10 agent is unable to tract certian elements and i get this message - No element found for path
Locally I am using a Windows 10 machine and there the test runs green , also on Winows 7 agent machine but the same
test fails on Windows 10 machine.

The Browser setting (zoom etc )and screen setting is also same. The tests are running on IE.
Last edited by shruti Kapur on Fri May 28, 2021 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Fail to find items on Windows10 Agent machine

Post by odklizec » Fri May 28, 2021 12:18 pm

Hi,

At first, I guess your Ranorex version number is 9.3.4, right (not 4.3.4)? Then please update it with most recent 9.5.1. 9.3.4 is obsolete and no longer supported.

At next, have you tried to debug your tests on given remote machine? Simply login to the remote machine and debug tests there (of course, you must install Ranorex on remote machine).

Additionally, please post a Ranorex snapshot for typically failing element, created both on local machine and remote machine. And don't forget to post an example of failing xpath. This could quickly tell us what's wrong.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

shruti Kapur

Post by shruti Kapur » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:19 pm

Hello,
Ranorex version is 9.3.4.

Attached is the screenshot of the controls which Agent machine is not able to find but can be found on my local machine.

Agent -
Failed to find item 'NS_ModifyCustomerSummary_PB.SearchForCustomerAccountCard.DialogConfirmButton'.
No element found for path '/dom[@domain='hhnoeamuat01.ims-loyalty.de:7108']//iframe/body/div//span[@innertext='Yes']' at step 'body' after 603 attempts within 1m.

Local Machine
Mouse Left Click item 'SearchForCustomerAccountCard.DialogConfirmButton' at Center.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:11 pm

Hi,

There is no screenshot in your post and please post a Ranorex snapshot instead! The snapshot should be created at the problematic machine, to which is Ranorex connecting via agent.

Ideally, add Create Snapshot action to recording where the test typically fails (right before the failing action). And in this action point to the DOM element. This will take the snapshot of entire page, which should help with identifying the problem.

BTW, have you tried to run the test locally on the remote machine? Simply log to the remote machine and run the test via Ranorex Studio.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration