ReportToPDF problem

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
yaro2o

ReportToPDF problem

Post by yaro2o » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:15 am

Hi, i heave a problem with ReportToDPF . In my solution I heave 2 TestSuite and for each TS at the end in teardown I convert report to PDF. I add Report toPDFModule from RanorexAutomationHelpers . And if i start TestRun at the end i get 2 pdf with other names but the content in both is from the last one. Ranorex v 9.0

yaro2o

Re: ReportToPDF problem

Post by yaro2o » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:38 am

Any ideas or suggestions ?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:02 pm

Hi,

It sounds like a bug in ReportToPDF helper? Are you sure you are using most recent version of Rx helpers? The actual version of ReportToPDF is 1.0.15. You can update Rx helpers via Manage Packages dialog. If the problem still happens with most recent version, then I would suggest to contact Ranorex support (via support form). In a meantime, I would try running the solution in two steps (via command line). For example, run the solution with explicitly defined testsuite 1 and then run it again, with testsuite 2 (usign /testsuite parameter).
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

yaro2o

Post by yaro2o » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:20 pm

OK, thank you for your answer, that works but I have a question whether it is possible to indicate where the program should create pdf file ?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:29 pm

It should be possible to define output PDF path via PdfDirectoryPath parameter, available in ReportToPDF module. You should simply create a global parameter, fill it with your expected path and connect it to ReportToPDF module. This should instruct ReportToPDF where to create PDF file.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration