Default Method Values: How to change them? [Delay, WaitForExist...)

Ask general questions here.
dugovic.milan

Default Method Values: How to change them? [Delay, WaitForExist...)

Post by dugovic.milan » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:24 pm

Hi guys. I wonder if I can change the pre-set Delay or WaitForExist values? I never use the default ones and it pisses me off, when I have to change them every time (not trying to solve this over code tho) Thanks
Ranorex Explorer @DVAG
Support my Ranorex Ideas & Improvements
My current approach: Ranorex 9.2.0

Vega

Re: Default Method Values: How to change them? [Delay, WaitForExist...)

Post by Vega » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:58 pm

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but you can adjust all timeouts or find operations with a multiplier:
furmpost.png
So if the default timeout for Waitfor action is 5s, and I am using a 2.00 multiplier, then the real timeout would be 10s (doubled).

Also you can use a variable for the waitfor timeout if needed

hope this helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dugovic.milan

Post by dugovic.milan » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:06 am

This increases the "timeout" value, not the values of respective methods per se, which doesn't solve my problem. I'm looking for the changes in action table, not for the changes in element's properties. Maybe an idea for user voice?
Ranorex Explorer @DVAG
Support my Ranorex Ideas & Improvements
My current approach: Ranorex 9.2.0

Vega

Post by Vega » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:42 pm

dugovic.milan wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:06 am
This increases the "timeout" value, not the values of respective methods per se, which doesn't solve my problem. I'm looking for the changes in action table, not for the changes in element's properties. Maybe an idea for user voice?
Perhaps I am misunderstanding your question... Are you talking about the 'timeout' property for a WaitFor action or something else?
farmz.png
The timeout multiplier affects the timeout property on a waitfor action as well as timeouts for elements. A waitfor action with a 5s timeout (default) while using a 2.00 timeout multiplier will wait for 10s as expected. This waitfor timeout is not tied to finding an element.

Uservoice may be the best route if this is not quite what you are looking for

hope this helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.