What's the proper way to switch apps

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
tvu

What's the proper way to switch apps

Post by tvu » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:50 pm

I have a test case where I need to do some actions on a webpage with the RxBrowser and then switch to our native iOS app to complete it. I can start the RxBrowser and the mobile app individually without issue. But, I get a "Failed to start app..." error when I try to switch from the RxBrowser to the mobile app.

I've tried the following with a USB connection:
Flow #1
  • 1. Launch the RxBrowser with Run Mobile App command with Restart App = true from the Service App
    2. Perform my actions in the RxBrowser
    3. Close the Rx Browser and return the the Service App with a grace period of 10s
    4. Wait 10s
    5. Launch our mobile app with Run Mobile App command with Restart App = true from the Service App

Result
    Our mobile app doesn't launch and remains in the Service App. I don't even get the normal display saying the app is launching. I get the "Failed to start app ..." error
Flow #2
  • 1. Launch the RxBrowser with Run Mobile App command with Restart App = true from the Service App
    2. Perform my actions in the RxBrowser
    3. Launch our mobile app with Run Mobile App command with Restart App = true from the Service App

Result
    Our mobile app launches twice because I set Restart App = true. I can see that the app is completely launched, but I get the "Failed to start app..." error.
I've tried with Restart App = false and get the same results.

We are running:
Ranorex 5.4.5 19886
iPhone 5, iOS 9.2.1
Windows 7

Thanks in advance for the help.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What's the proper way to switch apps

Post by Support Team » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:44 pm

Hello Tung,

We look forward to covering this topic during our remote session.

Thanks,

Andy(S)