Why so slow?

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
Skarlso

Why so slow?

Post by Skarlso » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:16 am

Hi!

I have a problem regarding executing scripts.

I have a major application to test, and i decided that i want to use Ranorex to perform this operation.

I successfully created test in ranorex, but... When i start executing the scripts, in some cases ( after button was pressed, after menu item was pressed, after row was selected in a table ) it waits an insane amount of time for some reason. Application.SleepTime is not set in any form. Mouse movement is normal, and there are no Application.Sleep() s in the code. There are no to many controls, because on the smae page, other actions are quite fast..

So what could cause this slowness? Please help me solve the problem... any idea is welcome.

Thank you,
Gergely.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:41 pm

Can you please try the following:

1. Start Ranorex Studio
2. Open the Calculator sample, compile it and start it with F5

Does the calculator sample have the same problem?
Please inform us about the results.

Jenö
Ranorex Team

Skarlso

Post by Skarlso » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:26 am

This topic is no longer relevant!

Thank you for the help and the answer!

For does who are interested in it...

The problem occurred because of to many controls on the UI and not all controls had names, so it was not possible to narrow down the search so it doesn't has to go over all the controls over and over again.

The solution was... Either turning on the caching, or save all the controls in an array of controls, then determine via location the main controls, and after that use does for further work.

Hope this helped.
Gergely.