XPaths and Excel!!!

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
NuzakFarnas

XPaths and Excel!!!

Post by NuzakFarnas » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:30 pm

I'm trying to open, examine, modify and close excel spreadsheets generated by a call to an API end point. The creation, opening and closing is all happening without issue. What I have a problem with is that the spreadsheet has been changed so that the first sheet has a unique name in each file to match the filename. Recording actions in studio appears to create a recording that can add the figures I want to certain cells but this was when the sheet name remained unchanged from one file to the next.whatsapp web 192.168.0.1 routerlogin

The XPath to the cells in question appears to include the sheet name. Is there any way of having an XPath that uses the sheet index instead? That way the name would be irrelevent.
Last edited by NuzakFarnas on Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: XPaths and Excel!!!

Post by odklizec » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:25 am

Hi,

Could please post a Ranorex snapshot (NOT screenshot and ideally, post at least two snapshots for two different sheets) and full xpath of problematic element, as you have it stored in repository? Thanks.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

JosephY

Re: XPaths and Excel!!!

Post by JosephY » Fri May 21, 2021 8:17 am

NuzakFarnas wrote:

I chose to change the spreadsheet xpath to do my calculus homework in excel. I'm enrolled in the business calculus course with excel at SLU math, so I need to do this correctly.
Hello,

Are you still working with XPaths and Excel for your projects? Why not use Spy to edit the path?